Finally got to try a Rainsong this week - I'm in love

Started by rockstar_not, January 16, 2010, 09:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My company has a booth at NAMM this week and I was able to get about 3 hours total at the show.  1/2 hour in the basement where all the boutique acoustic manufacturers are.  I walked past the rainsong booth, then backtracked and tried both a jumbo and a 12 string.

With all the polar opposite responses I've read here and elsewhere, I had myself talked into that I wouldn't like it.  Boy was I wrong.  Both of those babies just sang beautifully throughout the spectrum and fretboard.

I actually sounded like I had some talent on that jumbo!  Played like butter.

No, it didn't sound exactly like any solid wood guitar, but I did like what I heard.  It was almost as if it was my L body, but through a very judiciously set compression circuit.  Mere touches on strings seemed to bring it to life.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Singer/songwriter/guitar player extraordinaire David Wilcox plays Rainsongs live now...and his acoustic of choice is an Olson! So that's saying a lot for the Rainsongs.

We sponsored him for concert at our church a couple years ago, and I was drooling over getting to see one of his Olsons! Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed when he opened his case and produced ... a Rainsong?! But after hearing him play it, and visiting with him about it, I had a new respect for them.

I'm also pretty interested in the CA Guitars - they're making some sweet all composite models, too.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I've play a few and liked them.

Recently a friend had all kinds of troubles with her Taylor (much longer story short). And she really wasn't happy with her 000/OM Martin acousticly, so she bought a Rainsong BI-WS1000N2

Great sounding unplugged or plugged in! And under lights it looks great! She got it just in time for the hot summer gigs!

I'd own one!
Dave
'12 L-03RW Italian Spruce (Wildwood)