Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dhill on December 09, 2008, 01:46:51 PM
I've bought several guitars from Jim. Shipping was usually included.

Folks, let's not assume anything at this point. I'm getting out of here for now.

Let's all wait until we hear again from Jim Holler hopefully... by Thursday Dec 11.

ricky

from Jim's site:

"As always free shipping ( lower 48 ) and a professional custom set up with each guitar"

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

The one I bought from Jim the shipping was included in the quoted price. Seeing as we don't have a quoted price he still has time to add that in.
:cheers
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on December 09, 2008, 01:51:49 PM
The one I bought from Jim the shipping was included in the quoted price. Seeing as we don't have a quoted price he still has time to add that in.

:wink:

Good point...

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Quote from: tuffythepug on December 09, 2008, 01:16:29 PM
Joseph,  is one hogtop enough for you ?  I thought you were headed for the MT on the forum III.   Just curious why the IS rather than the MT

Tuffythepug

Also,  a real big CONGRATULATIONS to Ricky for the GOTM.   The 00-09 is a beauty.

gotta go now.  It's gonna take me a while to roll up all my spare change.

T the P

No, 1 hogtop isn't enough for me...that's why I have 2 (000-15s)  :bgrin:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: tuffythepug on December 09, 2008, 01:16:29 PM
Tuffythepug
Also,  a real big CONGRATULATIONS to Ricky for the GOTM.   The 00-09 is a beauty.

:ohmy: Thanks Y'all... your kind words, enthusiasm and passionate loyalty to the brand after which this Forum is named is... CONTAGIOUS !!!  :+1:

ricky :beer  OR  :donut :donut2 :coffee :donut :donut2 cheers!!!

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 09, 2008, 02:07:37 PM
:ohmy: Thanks Y'all... your kind words, enthusiasm and passionate loyalty to the brand after which this Forum is named is... CONTAGIOUS !!!  :+1:

ricky :beer  OR  :donut :donut2 :coffee :donut :donut2 cheers!!!
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

I guess am going to have to raid the piggy bank, I'm feeling a bad case of GAS coming on! :nana_guitar

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone have a picture of what a LS-03 will look like ? I would love to see a picture of an old one next to an OM or something else so I can see what size this will be. I know I'm coming in here late so maybe I missed it in an earlier post. When I put in a search on Yahoo it came up that the LS-03 was a classical guitar. Tim

Here's one, the Forum Guitar is satin though and no abalone.  It's basically the L size but with a 15 1/2" bout instead of 16" and a 4" depth.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

There will be a broadcast message to all registered Forum member's once the specs and dates are finalized for the guitar. That way, no one can say they were left out because they weren't reading the forum for a few days.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: bluwood on December 09, 2008, 02:55:29 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone have a picture of what a LS-03 will look like ? I would love to see a picture of an old one next to an OM or something else so I can see what size this will be. I know I'm coming in here late so maybe I missed it in an earlier post. When I put in a search on Yahoo it came up that the LS-03 was a classical guitar. Tim

bluwood
See page 25 for a picture of an LS-05 which is a glossy version of the same guiitar with a couple of exceptions:  it is a 14 fret and the forum III wil be a 12 fret.  Imagine it with the bridge closer to the lower bout and a 12 fret neck to body joint.    You can easily see how it compares in size to the 00 size and also the parlor.

Tuffythepug

Modified...............Just see below for the picture.

Is there a way to jump to a specific page when it does not show it.
At the bottom of my page I see this
1...34 35 36 37
If I want page 25 the only way I see to get there is to click on 34 then 30 and so on till I finally get there.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

OK.......here is the photo again

00 on left,   LS-05 in the middle,   Parlor on the right

Tuffythepug

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tuffy, Great job, now I can really see what the size will be. Much appreciated. Thanks also bluesman67. Tim

Probably even stupid to ask this before Thursday, but any idea when the down payment/deposit is going to be required?
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Take a look at Gibavee's LV-09CE Collector's edition in the Pictures Section... also last month's GOTM... particularly the first colored pic.

Like I said, I'm not much of a Herringbone fan, but it's growing on me. Is my taste for guitars developing some more?

I'm beginning to like herringbone, which I hope will be the eventual compromise feature for the Forum Git's soundhole (at no extra charge of course) if Mosaic or Rosette is not possible or prohibitive cost-wise.

ricky

Quote from: lyric_girl on December 09, 2008, 05:29:18 PM
Probably even stupid to ask this before Thursday, but any idea when the down payment/deposit is going to be required?
Hopefully, we'll know all the answers to our questions pricing & deposit & when & to whom... by Thursday.
:smile: ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 09, 2008, 05:32:59 PM
Hopefully, we'll know all the answers to our questions pricing & deposit & when & to whom... by Thursday.
:smile: ricky

I'm not gonna put mine on the order thread until this info is available then.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 09, 2008, 05:31:35 PM
Take a look at Gibavee's LV-09CE Collector's edition in the Pictures Section... also last month's GOTM... particularly the first colored pic.

Like I said, I'm not much of a Herringbone fan, but it's growing on me. Is my taste for guitars developing some more?

I'm beginning to like herringbone, which I hope will be the eventual compromise feature for the Forum Git's soundhole (at no extra charge of course) if Mosaic or Rosette is not possible or prohibitive cost-wise.

ricky
I told you to take those pics....G O T M cool.
                             With a maple trim abalone looks better to me. Herrinbone needs to be the body trim as well if it is on the rosette. (But it could be barb wire for all I care)
                                THANKS RICKY. good job mate.                 Danny