Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I like koa too.  My Larrivee has blackwood back and sides and looks a lot like koa. 

I've heard that Koa ages really well
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

After reading these last few posts by Koaman, it looks like I need to broaden my search to look for a Koa Larrivee in the future.

Returning home late Monday night after a three week trip to Seattle, the first guitar I picked up was my Larrivee Forum VI. When I ordered this guitar, I had never played a moonwood spruce over walnut but knowing the quality of the wood selection on my other two Larrivees took the guesswork out of my decision.

P.S. I should add that I remember seeing the Martin Guitar of the Month (GOM) D3-18 but taking a pass because I had three kids in college at the time. The thought of that guitar with a three piece mahogany back and sides stuck with me until I ordered my custom Martin 000 in 2015. Adding a 12 fret, short scale neck with a slotted headstock made it one of a kind. This one's not going anywhere though.

That forum VI is a masterpiece. I was a few months late to this forum to order one. It must be amazing.
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Yes....I passed on a forum VI due to uncertain health issues that threw my finances into chaos.  Trying not to beat myself up over it. 
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

I hope those health issues are but a memory now. I've seen two of the Forum VI guitars come up for sale here already, but mine will stay with me until my playing days are over. Then it will be passed down, where I hope, and expect, it will stay. It's an exceptionally good guitar.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

15 days before my electric shock for carp.tun. treatment.Please send drugs...... :ohmy:

keep smilin and keep dancin  :nanadance
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on November 01, 2023, 12:31:59 PM15 days before my electric shock for carp.tun. treatment.Please send drugs...... :ohmy:

keep smilin and keep dancin  :nanadance
Woah! electric shock instead of surgery? I know about that to determine severity and precise location of various nerve damage or entrapment to the hands, but never heard of it as a treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome/symptoms.
I can't help you with any special potions, Rob. Sorry.
Anyway, good luck to you, Rob. And report back when you can.
Might want to figure out how to use your voice recognition options on your computer as an alternative to typing. Not difficult.
Hope you're back to playing guitar again real soon, man.
 :thumb

Electric shock? Do they think the carpal tunnel is all in your head?  :?

Quote from: unclrob on November 01, 2023, 12:31:59 PM15 days before my electric shock for carp.tun. treatment. :nanadance

Carpenter friend of mine who has it bad in both hands tells me electric shock treatment way less invasive and "can" accelerate healing by stimulating metabolism and improving blood flow. I got the impression from him that his is too severe and is awaiting the surgery. So Rob that being an option for you "sounds" promising!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Poked my head in after many years, and this thread is still going. 😮
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

You can tune a guitar, but you can't tuna fish.   :nana_guitar
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

FIRST  :wave  Deb,miss you.Hows the oldman and the girls??

If there telling the truth my hands issue is due to a nerve in the elbows who knew.They also tell me that the fix doesn't always work.

Next adventure ended up in the ER with a golf ball size cyst that needed to be taken care in my groan.6 really hot and painfull pain killer shots not fun.Well thats my deal.

keep smilin and keep dancin   :nanadance
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on November 20, 2023, 09:43:06 PMFIRST  :wave  Deb,miss you.Hows the oldman and the girls??

If there telling the truth my hands issue is due to a nerve in the elbows who knew.They also tell me that the fix doesn't always work.

Next adventure ended up in the ER with a golf ball size cyst that needed to be taken care in my groan.6 really hot and painfull pain killer shots not fun.Well thats my deal.

erf! :crying:
You're well on your way to being the 6 million dollar man, Rob.
I had that nerve entrapment thing back in Y2K. Nerve gradually regenerated and almost exactly 6 months later I felt the first wee little twitch of my thumb in a year. Within 12 months it was fully functional again.
Keep the faith, my friend.
 :wave

I hope you have a speedy and full recovery, Rob.  And just be glad that you don't require a full neck reset!   :thumb
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

On every thread but this one.  :?

Latest update,well the problem is in my elbows and that I have lost too much mussle mass.So no repair can be done.
the new issue is my left side arm and shoulder need looking at as I have a problem doing anything without real big pain.Should be getting a CT scan next week.
Got back to playing guitar about 20 min at a time,so much fun.

OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I hope there is some good news coming from these CT scans, Rob. Hang in there, and I'm glad you can still get some guitar playing in.
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Quote from: unclrob on December 01, 2023, 06:40:47 PMLatest update,well the problem is in my elbows and that I have lost too much mussle mass.So no repair can be done.
the new issue is my left side arm and shoulder need looking at as I have a problem doing anything without real big pain.Should be getting a CT scan next week.

20 minutes at a time is about right for me unless someone is paying me to do it. Then I'll play until people throw things!  :laughin:

Quote from: unclrob on December 01, 2023, 06:40:47 PMLatest update,well the problem is in my elbows and that I have lost too much mussle mass.So no repair can be done.

Let me just say this about nothing can be done:
Get a second opinion, Rob.