Gold Top RS-4 with Bigsby B3

Started by igrishenko, February 22, 2011, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So I decided to put a Bigsby on my RS-4. I know some of you are gonna think I'm insane but I really wanted one so I went ahead and did it. I did all the work myself.

Just for any of you who are planning to do this too, you wanna go with the Bigsby B3. The B7 is about an inch or two too long for the RS-4. Its a good thing I took a few measurements before I ordered mine. I also put on a Stew Mac rolling bridge. The threads on the rolling bridge studs matched the Tonepro's almost perfectly so I just screwed the new studs in without having to remove the original Tonepro's jackets.

Here's a link to a picture of it on photobucket

:donut2 :donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee

Very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta say I thought about it BUT never had the guts :mad:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Hah, thanks. I know what you mean. It took me a little while to work up the courage to actually do it. But like I said I'm very glad I took some measurements before ordering the Bigsby. Otherwise I would have ordered the B7 and been totally dissapointed.

Its really quite nice, the only issue I have with it is the exposed hole left from the original tailpiece stud. But I might just find some creative way of covering it up.

But if you like Bigsby vibratos and you really want one on your electric it is totally worth it. I just wish Larrivee could make a Bigsby install optional on their electrics. Would have saved me some trouble

Quote from: igrishenko on February 23, 2011, 01:48:44 AM
I just wish Larrivee could make a Bigsby install optional on their electrics. Would have saved me some trouble

:+1:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Nice job nothin better then a goldtop with a Bigsby. :nice guitar:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Bigsby is well big hardware.  Having said that pretty cool. 

I picked this up a few weeks ago and looked down ouch all that metal!  But I am going to test drive this monsta again today - got it on hold actually - the store is blowing it out for like 1/2 off MRSP. Most interested in the baritone sound it has.

http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/index.php?partno=2515901516

We bought the Gretsch - I relocated the strap pin and it's good. Lays across the body nice. You can easily have it on for 30 -45 minutes. I am going to bolster that strap with EVA foam to make it more comfortable on the shoulder but so far it's been fine.

http://www.fmrecords.ca/Quiver1.htm