So, no one's gone electric yet

Started by Walkerman, March 11, 2008, 04:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I continue to GAS for one of these, but will have to sell a few things first.  I tried one of the Taylors recently (with the mini or smaller humbuckers) and thought the tones were pretty drab...and I don't know if they'll be making lefties (although they have of the T5's). I'll pass, it's Larrivee all the way for me.

Like Ducktrapper, I can't decide between the standard sunburst and the Charcoal burst ... that's enough reason to eventually get one of each!   :rolleye:

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

am still waiting to see if there are any arriving locally (am guessing 12th Fret is prolly the only GTA dealer) .... otherwise, I'm still fixating on a few more EBMM guitars and/or a PRS McCarty ......
'05 L-03
various electrics
Dr Z amps

From everything I am seeing ,
I want one of these guitars! I was thinking of a Les Paul or a PRS, but the way these things look, knowing how I like my OM-03 in an acoustic, If Larrivee can do Electric that nice, then I want in!

Tim
Crafter GA 7
Fender Highway 1 Tele
GRETSCH 6119-1962 HT TENNESSEE ROSE
Gretsch Americana 2 of them And Yes I like them!
Well now I got good guitars, Just gotta learn to play them!

Quote from: jmb27 on March 16, 2008, 03:52:50 PM
am still waiting to see if there are any arriving locally (am guessing 12th Fret is prolly the only GTA dealer) .... otherwise, I'm still fixating on a few more EBMM guitars and/or a PRS McCarty ......

I imagine Long & McQuade will get them as well, and Ring may get one or two.  Both of them always carry Larrivee. 
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Quote from: Tycho on March 16, 2008, 09:16:58 PM
I imagine Long & McQuade will get them as well, and Ring may get one or two.  Both of them always carry Larrivee. 

It will depend, I suppose, on the price point.  Even at Long & McQuade Bloor, you see a hundred $500 Gibson's for every $2500 Les Paul Standard.

It's a great time for guitar lovers ...Larrivee and Taylor building solid body electrics ...PRS building acoustics.   Bring it on, I say!

p.

"those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."

larrivee sd-50 sbt
larrivee parlours:  p01 satin mahogany; p09 walnut
bourgeois omv european
doolin 'sarah'
gibson j45 vine
godin steel multiac duet
takamine ltd98; ef341sc; f400
martin d18 ge; d40; 000 Ltd Ed.Hippie

Where are you seeing $500 Gibsons???
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

The word from Larrivee is another 2 to 3 weeks until the electrics start shipping. Same for the C09 and C10.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: TrinityGuitars on March 18, 2008, 06:27:45 AM
The word from Larrivee is another 2 to 3 weeks until the electrics start shipping. Same for the C09 and C10.
Jim Holler

cool - thanks for the info

:coffee :donut2 :donut
'05 L-03
various electrics
Dr Z amps

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 14, 2008, 02:35:48 AM
I continue to GAS for one of these, but will have to sell a few things first.  I tried one of the Taylors recently (with the mini or smaller humbuckers) and thought the tones were pretty drab...and I don't know if they'll be making lefties (although they have of the T5's). I'll pass, it's Larrivee all the way for me.

Like Ducktrapper, I can't decide between the standard sunburst and the Charcoal burst ... that's enough reason to eventually get one of each!   :rolleye:

Larrivve's will come lefty.

PRS acoustics?  Huh?

(I'm not interested as a consumer/potential customer, I just hadn't heard this?)

Thanks for the update on electric shipping dates, Jim!  After Easter (busy time for me) it will be time to sell some stuff...too bad the economy is so soft right now!)

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Tycho on March 17, 2008, 10:12:11 PM
Where are you seeing $500 Gibsons???

Gibson is like the Borg from StarTrek.  They now produce guitars under Epiphone, Kramer, Steinberger, Maestro,Tobias (bass) and Valley Arts (custom-built Tele's!)  brands ......resistance is futile!

p.

"those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."

larrivee sd-50 sbt
larrivee parlours:  p01 satin mahogany; p09 walnut
bourgeois omv european
doolin 'sarah'
gibson j45 vine
godin steel multiac duet
takamine ltd98; ef341sc; f400
martin d18 ge; d40; 000 Ltd Ed.Hippie