Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeah, I thought it was the woman who needed a stiff drink first. With that kinda order, you better hide your wallet after you bring her home. Light of day and all that.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Holly... you're the best! :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: strawintogold on January 22, 2009, 05:55:58 PM
Yeah, I thought it was the woman who needed a stiff drink first. With that kinda order, you better hide your wallet after you bring her home. Light of day and all that.

holly

The booze is for my girlfriend and I, we've both had very long weeks. The truth is, if either of us as so much as smell a glass of wine this week we'll probably slide right into the weekend with the third order of business: sleep. Besides, I'm still in my "20's" for the next 27 days and I'm not supposed to know that most things in life are better without alcohol until I reach my 30's. I'll also have to revisit other typical traits associated with 20-somethings before I "level-up": bouts of self-importance, clubbing, optimism, coffee orders that are long than most people's full name, self-deprecation, righteous indignation, eating whatever the hell I want, excessively loud and angry music, advanced fashion sense, and my hair-line. As far as I understand it, all of things are supposed to be replaced with: "splurging on a new guitar".

:arrow
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: Dotneck on January 22, 2009, 11:58:34 AM
I'm still having a great 22nd...its only about half over here.....

I'm changing my vote...the first half of the day was much better than the rest of the day...and there are still a few more hours to go.

:crying:
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

My day went to hell in a handbasket too. I hate my job!  :crying:

Here's a photo of a Larrivee with an Italian Spruce top - a PV-10 to celebrate Guitar Adoptions 10th anniversary:

http://www.guitaradoptions.com/store/product.php?productid=18910

Click on the Images tab to get the best look.  This is one beautiful lil' git.  Let me know if someone already pointed this one out to us.

In case anybody cares, notice how there is a slight mismatch of the top's two halves with respect to its color shade (a topic that was briefly discussed on this thread).  And this is -10 series grade wood (i.e., the best).  Pretty awesome stuff.  If I suddenly got rich I would buy this guitar.
Scott

RS-2

This is the second one we've seen like this, I really hope my  :+1: F-III is a nice clear white IS top.

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 22, 2009, 07:51:29 AM
Aren't we just a happy bunch on the 22nd of January. :roll

Holly's gone and hurt herself and has to go outside and pick up dog poop.
Adam's going insane waiting for delivery.
Ben's gone and got himself the flu.

And to make matters worse, Ricky has gone AWOL and there has been no news on the forum gits. Sigh.

ricky mapa...  present !!!

played my Ami at staff meeting muted strumming. she lives in my office now.

played my Taylor last night. really, somebody, some collector must soon own my Taylor.

my OO continues to teach me how to play more carefully and more emphatic.

I must say, the world being so captivated by a man who began his term on what is arguably the most important office on the planet

has inspired me --- a lot !!!   Now, I also do not have any more excuses to forget a friend's birthday.

ricky  :+1:   so goes the 22nd of January

I lined up all my dreadnoughts and played them in order of their age. That helped end the day.
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: BenF on January 22, 2009, 03:14:10 AM
I've got the flu now.  I didn;t know you could contract diseases internationally through computer forums. 

Sorry Ben.  Ya know...afterall, the flu is caused by a virus and they are known to spread via computer.

My stomach is still gurgling 3 days later, but I feel 1000% better.  For those of you that don't think that is mathematically possible, trust me, it is physically possible!

The best is yet to come Ben, ride it out, and be thankful for your health when it returns.  I am.
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: limnephilidae on January 22, 2009, 07:45:58 PM
I'll also have to revisit other typical traits associated with 20-somethings before I "level-up": bouts of self-importance, clubbing, optimism, coffee orders that are long than most people's full name, self-deprecation, righteous indignation, eating whatever the hell I want, excessively loud and angry music, advanced fashion sense, and my hair-line. As far as I understand it, all of things are supposed to be replaced with: "splurging on a new guitar".

I'd suggest holding on to at least a few of these traits well into your 40s...I let you decide...for me it was loud and angry music...and optimism.
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: pennerblue on January 23, 2009, 03:02:58 PM
I'd suggest holding on to at least a few of these traits well into your 40s...I let you decide...for me it was loud and angry music...and optimism.

I have....and I'm 53!   :cheers

You know what men never seem to out old?

Guitar Center Syndrome.

Where NO MATTER how freakin small the guitar shop is and who is trying to do what, apparently the only way to know if that amp works is to jack it to 11. Or maybe it's hearing loss, I don't know, but teens think it's cool, gentleman should know better.

I mean let's get real, are you gigging with that amp at the arena? Is there EVER a time you will need to play that loud? I've also noted that the least accomplished the guitarist is, the louder and the longer they do go on.

holly

PS. Lynda, sorry your day sucked.
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

When I feel down... such as my head has been aching and dizzy since yesterday afternoon and I stayed home all day today...

missed my lunch meeting... missed my yesterday noon deadline for my weekend responsibilities... thanks to my very patient office admin asst

I just played my OO, played it and played it and played it... as if I was the only one in a concert with an audience of One.

I feel better now.

Hello everybody !!!

ricky  :nana_guitar    head still feels funny... but I'm playin' my git.  Yeah !!!  :+1:

any news on the guitars yet...............?? :whistling:

I am so excited for this guitar! my first all hog guitar.

This guitar will more likely to be my go to guitar :)
I'll take it every where.
I'll take it on week long camping trips, I'll take it to mission trips and I'll take it to bed....... :laughin:
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on January 23, 2009, 05:22:52 PM
any news on the guitars yet...............?? :whistling:

I am so excited for this guitar! my first all hog guitar.

This guitar will more likely to be my go to guitar :)
I'll take it every where.
I'll take it on week long camping trips, I'll take it to mission trips and I'll take it to bed....... :laughin:

Ya right... how about a sunburst, huh... how about a brazilian... how about a madagascar... how about a curly hog... huh huh huh... :humour:

You think you're cured?  Give me some meds... give me some meds... whatever it is that can make me say like you

this is going to be my go to guitar and I'll take it everywhere.

If you found the GAS-free Club, I'd like to be a chartered member, founding member, #1.

Jeff... no news yet.  :crying:

You should read Jim at Trinity's mods for his FG III git -- sounds like what you're going to do.

I have yet to do what Jim intends to do with any of my git ---  in his own words, "Play the snot out" of the git... or something like that.

You're on the right track...

meanwhile, we wait....   stay away from Ebay, Craigslist, FS section here, etc (now I'm talking to myself)  :whistling:

ricky

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 22, 2009, 08:24:56 PM
My day went to hell in a handbasket too. I hate my job!  :crying:

What do you do?

was it just a bad day, or does your job stink on a on-going basis?

david
Larrivee Forum-III all hog

Quote from: iDavid on January 23, 2009, 06:01:16 PM
What do you do?

was it just a bad day, or does your job stink on a on-going basis?

david

David,

I'm a Law Clerk (similar to Paralegal). The last three days or so have been absolute hell. My boss came back recently from mat leave and she's one of the worst people I've ever worked for. Just a -CENSORED-!

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 23, 2009, 06:27:16 PM
David,

I'm a Law Clerk (similar to Paralegal). The last three days or so have been absolute hell. My boss came back recently from mat leave and she's one of the worst people I've ever worked for. Just a -CENSORED-!

sorry to hear that...

I went through MANY MANY jobs before I found one I like.  A "bad" boss can ruin ones life.... at least while at work
Larrivee Forum-III all hog