New Pristine 1988 Larrivée RS-2C with original documents

Started by rocketroll, July 25, 2016, 07:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

100 percent original and zero fretwear. Case candy included lifetime warranty registration card, 1988 retail price list folder and a personal letter from Wendy Larrivee to the original buyer  :thumb
1988 Larrivée RS-2 C
1990 Hamer Chaparral Elite Sustainiac
1987 The ESP Eclipse Custom FR
1975 Fender Twin Reverb, Tommy Folkesson mod Mk III
Rockman Soloist
Rockman X100

One word WOW!!!!!!!!!!

:drool:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

What a Wonderful Find!  How did you come about such a deal?   :nice guitar:
George

I found the ad on kijiji Calgary. It was very short on information and poorly photographed. Since I live in Sweden I had an old canadian uni-friend pick it up for me. The condition of the guitar and the extras came as a surprise. The seller could have asked a higher price IMO. So yeah, a true score  :bgrin:
1988 Larrivée RS-2 C
1990 Hamer Chaparral Elite Sustainiac
1987 The ESP Eclipse Custom FR
1975 Fender Twin Reverb, Tommy Folkesson mod Mk III
Rockman Soloist
Rockman X100

thats a beauty!
congrats!
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

@rocketroll

Hello! I think (nearly certain!) that was my Larrivee - the serial number I still know: the story of the sale lines up.

Tip of the headstock has one tiny nick, back of the body has belt buckle denting but not scratching; colour referenced by Wendy is Corvette Red. Letter is addressed to Victor (my late father). I can see the serial in your first photo - this was mine!

My dad bought it for my in high school, from Long & McQuade Winnipeg. Case is a Yorkville and has (had?) a D'Addario Strings decal on it.

I've started playing again and I've been hunting for the old Larrivee.

Please DM me - would love to confirm if it's my old guitar.

Thanks!

Some of the other gems I sold during my "non-playing years":

1987 Gibson Les Paul Custom Ultra-Lite, black with gold hardware
1930s Gibson tenor flat-top acoustic, in original purple lines case, near pristine condition (it was a family owned guitar, originally bought in the 1950s)
1986 Ibanez that had been artist-used (I forget what band)
1985 Japanese Fender-Squier Stratocaster in Olympic White (a real gem!).
1972 Gibson SG Pro with factory Gibson stamped Bigsby B5
2021 Fender JV Stratocaster
2022 Fender American Ultra II Telecaster shell pink
2021 PRS SE Santana
2022 Epiphone Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior signature edition
2023 Epiphone Viola Bass
2023 Rickenbacker 4003s Fireglo

Quote from: 88RS2C8088 on November 01, 2023, 06:42:02 PM@rocketroll

Hello! I think (nearly certain!) that was my Larrivee - the serial number I still know: the story of the sale lines up.

Tip of the headstock has one tiny nick, back of the body has belt buckle denting but not scratching; colour referenced by Wendy is Corvette Red. Letter is addressed to Victor (my late father). I can see the serial in your first photo - this was mine!

My dad bought it for my in high school, from Long & McQuade Winnipeg. Case is a Yorkville and has (had?) a D'Addario Strings decal on it.

I've started playing again and I've been hunting for the old Larrivee.

Please DM me - would love to confirm if it's my old guitar.

Thanks!

Some of the other gems I sold during my "non-playing years":

1987 Gibson Les Paul Custom Ultra-Lite, black with gold hardware
1930s Gibson tenor flat-top acoustic, in original purple lines case, near pristine condition (it was a family owned guitar, originally bought in the 1950s)
1986 Ibanez that had been artist-used (I forget what band)
1985 Japanese Fender-Squier Stratocaster in Olympic White (a real gem!).

This thread is nearly 8 years old and the user you are talking to hasn't been active in over 7 years. If their profile has no contact info your best chance is to private message them in the hope that they have email alerts and still use that email. It's a long shot but good luck.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Quote from: B0WIE on November 02, 2023, 03:19:02 AMThis thread is nearly 8 years old and the user you are talking to hasn't been active in over 7 years. If their profile has no contact info your best chance is to private message them in the hope that they have email alters and still use that email. It's a long shot but good luck.
('tis the season of the zombies.)

Quote from: Queequeg on November 02, 2023, 05:19:52 AM('tis the season of the zombies.)

Yes, it is - although, I've been looking for this guitar for two years.

Can't PM the OP.

Thanks for the friendly welcome and help, this is a dead end.

I won't be back...
1972 Gibson SG Pro with factory Gibson stamped Bigsby B5
2021 Fender JV Stratocaster
2022 Fender American Ultra II Telecaster shell pink
2021 PRS SE Santana
2022 Epiphone Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior signature edition
2023 Epiphone Viola Bass
2023 Rickenbacker 4003s Fireglo

Quote from: 88RS2C8088 on November 02, 2023, 06:33:33 AMYes, it is - although, I've been looking for this guitar for two years.

Can't PM the OP.

I won't be back...

So you merely wanted our ... what? Attention? Sympathy?   :?

Quote from: 88RS2C8088 on November 02, 2023, 06:33:33 AMYes, it is - although, I've been looking for this guitar for two years.

Can't PM the OP.

I won't be back...
That's a cool guitar.  I'd love to have one like it.  Do stick around.  This is a great forum that needs more participation. 

Can't PM the OP.

I won't be back...

You spent all that time creating your post and signature, but couldn't be bothered to read the forum rules or the age of the post, and now you want to act like I was rude when I took the time to try help you find your old guitar?
Again I say, good luck to you.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Quote from: B0WIE on November 02, 2023, 09:37:04 AMYou spent all that time creating your post and signature, but couldn't be bothered to read the forum rules or the age of the post, and now you want to act like I was rude when I took the time to try help you find your old guitar?
Again I say, good luck to you.
No one was rude to him here; least of all you.
I think he learned as much as possible what it was he came here to find out and has no further interest in this forum.
He'll lose no sleep over this, nor should we.

Quote from: Queequeg on November 02, 2023, 03:09:50 PMNo one was rude to him here; least of all you.
I think he learned as much as possible what it was he came here to find out and has no further interest in this forum.
He'll lose no sleep over this, nor should we.

Very true dat. Least of all, me.  :laughin: