New Larrivee Electric Guitars Released

Started by guitarcrazy, March 10, 2010, 06:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 20, 2010, 10:47:40 PM
Gotta say, I'm a little jealous though (Matthew!); where are the pics of my lefty cherry RS-2 P-90???

Looky what Matthew just sent me!!!

THANK YOU, MATTHEW!

[attachment deleted by admin]
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

CHERRY is also an ADDICTION!! :guitar :wacko:

That is going to be an "EYESORE" REV!! :arrow

I put a little "Fire" under Matthew! He has responded with pics! :thumb

Thanks Matthew!!
Mac Baker

Well there's some discussion over in the main (acoustic) forum about Larrivee closing their Oxnard plant - immediately, is what it sounds like. And of course, that's where our electrics are being made! So now I'm beginning to understand why guitars that were supposed to be done a couple weeks ago are still AWOL.

No word yet on whether Larrivee will stay stateside at another location, or if all production will go back to Canada. I don't care which it is, but I hope they'll continue to build electrics, and I wish them success and the best of luck as they move (moves are tough).

As I said in that thread, California has become very unfriendly toward business, so I can't blame them for finally getting out. There's no way they could continue to sell these guitars at this pricepoint with the California restrictions, taxes, and regulations (expecially regarding paints / guitar finishes and air quality) constantly bearing down on them.

Best of luck, everyone!  :thumbsup

Wow! That's a bummer! :mad:

I didn't know that California was that tough on their "AIR QUALITY" laws for
GUITAR company's! Matthew sent me this short e-mail on Friday:

Hi Mac,

Im workin on it, Jean and wendy are out of town so I'm on my own right
now and overwhelmed. I'll see what I can do. I saw the guitar in
fretting just a day or two ago so it should be ready to ship next week.

Hopefully Jerry Welch will have our RS-2's be the end of next week or the
first of the following week! :cheers

Mac

Mac Baker

The Oxnard moving was just B/S with things being taken out of context combined with some having a little information and jumping to conclusions based on their own perceptions.Sometimes a little knowledge is dangerous without having full access to all the information that Larrivee management would have.

On a more positive note my amber RS 2 is In Transit and should be touching down in Nova Scotia at the end of this week or beginning of next pending on our good friends at Canada Post

I promise Pics upon it's arrival
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

JOYCEfromNS,

I didn't know that you had your name in the pot for one of the RIGHTY RS-2's in AMBER! I
guess Me and You will have the matching pair of LEFTY/RIGHTY RS-2's in Amber! :beer

Glad to hear your comments in regards to everyone getting their "FEATHERS ALL RUFFLED"
about the OXNARD-MOVE! :wacko:

You better send some pics of your AMBER RS-2 or your gonna be in the "DOGHOUSE"! :tongue:

Mac
Mac Baker

Nice to know our guitars are (...still...) in process...of course, that just means I've got to come up with the rest of the money for it!   :roll

Anyone else around here getting tired of waiting for these ... or is it just me?   :angry:

C'mon, Larrivee, let's get these RS-2s done and out the door!

I made a $500 deposit on one of these with Jerry (I'm not blaming him) over a month ago, and was told it would be done in a week or two...I'm getting close to asking for my money back.   :mad:

Rev,

I just sent this to Matthew! I hope you don't mind my referencing to your comments in your
post!

Matthew,

You are the Larrivee Rep for the U.S. needs to call Jerry Welch at Jerry's Lefty Guitars
and give him a "Definitive Time Frame" on when the RS-2's will be completed! Mike
McInnis (MikeyMac at the Larrivee Forum) posted that he was considering asking for
his "Deposit Money" back that he put down on an RS-2 from the "ORDER" that Jerry
Welch put in with Larrivee!

I understand their are setbacks but nobody has any idea or handle from a customer
or dealer's viewpoint on when these RS-2's will be completed and shipped out to
JERRY and the other dealers!

Hate to see satisfied Larrivee Customers start losing faith in Larrivee when it could be
avoided with some "BUILD TIME UPDATES" and acknowledgement of some unforseen 
"PRODUCTION PROBLEMS" to keep the dealers and customers in "CHECK"!!

Sincerely,
Mac Baker

Matthew did send me this brief e-mail just yesterday:

Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:27 AM
Subject: your guitar

Is just about done. Since it is the first lefty RS-2 we discovered that we had to make a new jig for drilling the switch wire cavity. CNC's are a little back up so hopefully it will be completed soon.

Matthew

Hopefully Matthew will step up and give Jerry Welch and the other dealers that have ordered Lefty RS-2's a call
with a "REALISTIC TIME FRAME UPDATE" on our RS-2's! :whistling:

Mac

Mac Baker

HEY REV,

Just got this message from the man himself MATTHEW!

Hi Mac,

It's very difficult to predict exact ship dates – because it implies one specific thing that im not willing to do.. Sacrifice quality to meet a ship date. I won't ship an inferior instrument with my family's name on it. That being said, we are building the necessary jig in the AM tomorrow so we should be able to start final assembly sometime tomorrow and complete it on Monday/Tuesday... If all goes well yours, and the red one, should ship in that time frame.. However, should we need to do additional work (touch up buffing, eliminate a buzz, etc) we have to take the time to do it right.. know what I mean?

Matthew

You gotta feel good hearing this from Matthew! :bgrin:

Just another reason to reinforce that you are getting a "FIRST RATE BOUTIQUE QUALITY" instrument with
the RS-4's and RS-2's! :cheers
Mac Baker

My RS 2 arrived Monday tho I have only returned late last nite ( been a long week) knowing what was sitting in an unopened box at home.

Really believe we are living in a fortunate time when the RS 4 and now the RS 2 is at a MSRP well below where it will be in the future. The quality and craftsmanship of these Gits will soon be discovered by the masses forcing prices to rise.

Will post Pics of my new RS 2 soon as sure does feel nice and balanced gotta say
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Man! YOU better send some pics ASAP!!! :drool:

Waiting for a mini "INITIAL TONE REVIEW" from you! :nana_guitar

Now your gonna get everybody's "G.A.S." really going!! :guitar

Mac
Mac Baker

Crap! I saw the pics in the other thread, making it very hard for me to ask for my deposit back, although right now I'm still very frustrated!

Must ... hold ... on ...

:arrow