My album

Started by fantex, March 03, 2024, 11:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I hope it's ok to share our own work. I recorded my first record in October 2022. I released it January 20, 2023. I guess it would fall in the singer/songwriter category. All original songs in a country-rock style. It's on CD, iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and some other digital platforms.

* EDIT * Link to entire album.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nAFTDK6ly9o7YiX8enJEYWu_nXPG8kVHg

I hope you enjoy it. Thanks.
Taylor 214ce Plus
Eastman MD315 Mandolin

Sounds great! Are there any Larrivee guitars in that album?  :nana_guitar
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Quote from: StringPicker6 on March 03, 2024, 11:58:34 AMSounds great! Are there any Larrivee guitars in that album?  :nana_guitar

No, I just ordered one. I played a Taylor 214ce Plus on that record. Hopefully there will be a 2nd album so I can play my Larrivée on it. Gotta get to writing songs!
Taylor 214ce Plus
Eastman MD315 Mandolin

Quote from: fantex on March 03, 2024, 11:04:41 AMI hope it's ok to share our own work.
Of course you can post your own stuff.
I listened to the whole album. Good music, good lyrics, good melodies, and lot's of Texas imagery.
It's very good!
Now I have to add another higher level to the pedestal upon which I place various forum members.
So it's off to Lowes to buy forms, concrete, and more spotlights to keep the pedestal illuminated at night.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 03, 2024, 01:02:36 PMOf course you can post your own stuff.
I listened to the whole album. Good music, good lyrics, good melodies, and lot's of Texas imagery.
It's very good!
Now I have to add another higher level to the pedestal upon which I place various forum members.
So it's off to Lowes to buy forms, concrete, and more spotlights to keep the pedestal illuminated at night.
Mike

Wow, thank you so much. I just hope I can continue to write more and better songs. Thanks for listening.
Taylor 214ce Plus
Eastman MD315 Mandolin

Quote from: fantex on March 03, 2024, 04:28:48 PMWow, thank you so much. I just hope I can continue to write more and better songs. Thanks for listening.
You will note the pedestal of which I mentioned is for "forum members".
There is another pedestal entirely for forum Larrivee "guitar owners". Of which you "will" be.
My own ranking system is arbitrary. Means nothing.
I believe you are two hours away from me, off the toll road. Unless you have moved.
We used to go up there to IKEA, before they opened a store down here.
Last time I took I-35 north through Austin, the Austin guitar players gathered on the overpasses and dropped rocks trying to hit my pickup. I drove back home on the toll road, and have not been through Austin since.
That last comment is humor of course, but I still will not drive through Austin.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 03, 2024, 08:26:18 PMYou will note the pedestal of which I mentioned is for "forum members".
There is another pedestal entirely for forum Larrivee "guitar owners". Of which you "will" be.
My own ranking system is arbitrary. Means nothing.
I believe you are two hours away from me, off the toll road. Unless you have moved.
We used to go up there to IKEA, before they opened a store down here.
Last time I took I-35 north through Austin, the Austin guitar players gathered on the overpasses and dropped rocks trying to hit my pickup. I drove back home on the toll road, and have not been through Austin since.
That last comment is humor of course, but I still will not drive through Austin.
Mike

I wouldn't be surprised if they all play Taylors!  :roll

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 03, 2024, 09:02:44 PMI wouldn't be surprised if they all play Taylors!  :roll
Be careful. You and Kevin are high pedestal occupiers, but I will demote based on comments about other guitars.
:bgrin:
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 03, 2024, 09:17:52 PMBe careful. You and Kevin are high pedestal occupiers, but I will demote based on comments about other guitars.
:bgrin:
Mike

I live in Taylor country, apparently. They are the very definition of "other" guitars!  :laughin: 

Sounds great, man!  I really like the album cover art. Is this your work?  Also, what's the meaning (if any) behind the symbolism of the rattlesnake, owls, etc.?  The image really captured my interest.

PS - I really like "In The Shadow of My Lord."  This is a really beautiful piece that moved me to listen to.  I love the steel guitar, the overall arrangement, and your vocal delivery.  Nice work there!

Quote from: Silence Dogood on March 09, 2024, 08:23:54 AMSounds great, man!  I really like the album cover art. Is this your work?  Also, what's the meaning (if any) behind the symbolism of the rattlesnake, owls, etc.?  The image really captured my interest.

PS - I really like "In The Shadow of My Lord."  This is a really beautiful piece that moved me to listen to.  I love the steel guitar, the overall arrangement, and your vocal delivery.  Nice work there!

Thank you! I used 99designs.com for the artwork. I had a contest and asked the designers to use elements from the song titles for the cover. The design I chose was by https://www.instagram.com/junkwizdesign

The rattlesnake is there for the song Rattlesnake, there are diamonds (Every Girl Deserves a Diamond), tiny little fire ants hidden in the border, moon, flowers... all references to the songs. The owls were thrown in there by the designer.
Taylor 214ce Plus
Eastman MD315 Mandolin

Another song of mine I released as a demo a while back. This was recorded on GarageBand. I fingerpicked a Martin HD-28. I also did a rough job playing slide but you get the idea. Bass and drums are software instruments. I plan on doing a studio version one day with my Larrivee 00-40M when I get it.

Taylor 214ce Plus
Eastman MD315 Mandolin